We use translation tools such as MemoQ, SDL Trados Studio, Transit NXT, Wordfast, Across, Memsource, XTM Cloud, Crowdin, Passolo, and Xbench to perform translations.
Thanks to the technical features of these tools (dictionaries, databases, translation memories), we can ensure terminological consistency, which is particularly important for long-term projects. By using translation tools, we can also offer better prices. In essence, this means that some of the earlier translations are recycled.
The nature of translation tools and the benefits for the client:
- Translation memories allow the re-use of texts translated earlier. For example, if you translate a company's annual report every year, the text will remain largely unchanged. On subsequent occasions, some of the text is immediately available from memory, which means that you will also receive the subsequent translations from us at a reduced price.
- Working together, the translator, the editor and the client can compile a termbase of frequently-used terms in multiple languages, thus ensuring consistency between the terms used in different texts.
- We work with translation tools that are able to detect a wide range of possible errors in the text. Mistakes that the machine cannot detect are searched for and found by humans. Each translation is always reviewed by three pairs of eyes: the editor, the quality manager and the project manager, who performs the final check before delivery.
Compatibility with client environment
- If you already have a well-established system or programme for translations, our translation team can work in any environment that suits you.
- We comply with IT security standard ISO 27001, which means that your files are stored and processed only in secure environments.
Layout design tools
- Even if you do not have perfect source files to translate, our technical team can convert your materials into appropriate files. We will return the exact same file you sent us, only in a different language.
We can help you set up a termbase for your institution and also organise your translation memories. Please feel free to contact us!